Coming to a living room near you…
Notes on bi-costal noise pollution:
- We successfully performed five punk rock shows in three east coast days, a feat that included three punishing sets in three eastern seaboard states in but one lone (exhausting) day
- Accordingly, our thanks to the fine (hip, punk, shoddily-clothed, well-patched, hoarse) people of Boston, Connecticut, Brooklyn, New Jersey, and Philadelphia, especially Kimberly, Al, James (in absentia), Jill (and her amazing band Ides), and Nick.
- Extra-special thanks to all involved in Vice for playing and lending and helping us out on our jaunt
- The weather was cooperative and, for that, we sat in huddled prayer for three layover hours in Romulus, Michigan admiring/cursing the frozen water collecting on the ground there
- I was unaware that “Tarney” was a name, but am now so aware and better for it
- Parts of Justin’s esophagus and stomach lining are currently freezing over near a West Philly gas station trashcan
- Alma Mater, ad infinitum
- The creation myth of eternal love and the grin a well-curated stack of coffee table books can induce
- Some photos here and also here
- A great live review here
- A homecoming, of sorts this weekend:
- Saturday January 25th @ Bridgetown DIY w/other creative folk:
Generally speaking, looking for the beauty, trying to find value in creation, replying always in the extreme positive when asked how my day is going, believing in brief moments, sleeping like a dead baby, admiring the feelings other people have caught, turning on the overhead light, affixing my mask before affixing anyone else’s, breaking bones, staying loyal to my barber, bending under the weight, jumping on heads, Calliope, little “m” matters, remaindered books, bathroom technology, The Hedgehog and the Fox, bending spoons, The Naked and the Dead.